Ceri Silk one of Asia’s most innovative therapists and consultants in cosmeceutical and light technology treatments and has developed a proprietary regimen for light therapy treatment, using a prescription of SKEYNDOR cosmeceuticals and micro-current technologies together with light therapy to bring about stunning results.
Photonic Light Therapy, also known as Low Intensity Light Therapy (LILT), has been used in the medical profession to treat skin complaints for years, and it is now recognized in the Spa & Beauty industry as an effective, painless, non-invasive treatment for facial rejuvenation that requires no downtime.
Photonic Light Therapy stimulate the body’s own natural healing, and is used to treat a variety of concerns including wrinkles, acne, rosacea, scars, stretch marks and cellulite. At the active cell level of the skin, cells are stimulated to proliferate generating healthy new skin, and at the outer layers, skin is hydrated and toned for instant results. The combination of technologies brings about results in record times, without the need for invasive needles or other procedures that lead to downtime. This therapy is also extremely relaxing, and generally clients fall into a peaceful sleep during the treatment, to wake engergised and rejuvenated. Photonic Light Therapy was nominated SPA TREATMENT OF THE YEAR 2011 and again in 2013 for MEDI-SPA TREATMENT OF THE YEAR by Asia Spa.
I would recommend Glow by Ceri Silk facials and in particular, their laser light therapy. I fell down a mountain and had a ‘Harry Potter’ style cut on my forehead – a red, raised scar. Thankfully with their expert light therapy, it is now almost invisible and I feel much more confident without makeup again. It only took 3 sessions to see a huge difference.”
Contact us at Glow to find out more or book your Photonic Light Therapy treatmentContact Salon
More about Photonic/ Low Intensity Laser Therapy (LILT)
LILT is a phototherapeutic (utilises light emissions), non-invasive method of using irradiation with both red and infrared light sources to stimulate healing within the tissues and unlike HILT there is no heat energy produced. Low-level lasers (also known as cold lasers, soft lasers & biostimulating lasers) have been used for over 30 years in many countries as therapeutic energy to bring about favourable results in both humans and animals.
LILT is the uses monochromatic light emission from a low intensity laser diode (250 mill watts or less) or an array of high intensity Super Luminous Diodes (providing total optical power in the 1000-2000 mill watt range) to treat musculoskeletal injuries, chronic or degenerative conditions, and to heal wounds. It does this through the action of photo-bio-stimulation of light reactive biological receptors (chromospheres) in the body.
The light source is placed in contact with the skin allowing the photon energy to penetrate tissue, where it interacts with various intracellular biomolecules resulting in the restoration of normal cell function and enhancement of the body’s healing process.
LILT light therapy treatment uses both red and infrared light laser. The visible red light is absorbed within the mitochondria, and the infrared is absorbed at the cell membrane. This results in a change in membrane permeability, increased ATP levels and increased DNA production. The photons absorbed by the cell membrane result in improved stability and increased activity of the ATP-dependent Na/K pump. As cell metabolism is directly influenced by Na/K movement across the membrane, increasing the gradient will affect the flow of ions & hence the overall metabolism of the cell.
Physiological effect of LILT
- Reduces pain by production and release of beta-endorphins (these are morphine like substances produced by various cells in the body that inhibit the sensation of pain). LILT is one of the safest and most effective ways to eliminate pain. It doesn’t just treat the symptoms, it heals the cells. Regardless of age or how long a condition has been present, if it is soft tissue in nature (muscle, tendon, ligament, nerve, blood vessel, lymphatic and the covering of bone), there is a better than 80% probability that you will feel better.
- Combats stress by increasing cortisol production. Cortisol is the precursor of cortisone, and enables the body to combat the stress associated with trauma or the disease process.
- Reduces inflammation by suppressing inflammatory enzymes that create swelling, redness, pain, and heat and enhances the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
Long term or cumulative effects:
- ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production is increased resulting in improved cellular metabolism.
- DNA (deoxyribonucleicacid) production, the protein building block of tissue is substantially increased.
- Neurotransmission is facilitated due to elevated levels of serotonin and aceytylecholine.
- Mitochondrial activity is stimulated resulting in cell replication etc.
- Modulation of macrophages, fibroblasts and other cells. Increases collagen production (reduction in wrinkles, scar tissue formation and keloid adhesions) and speeds up bone repair by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation. Also stimulates nerve regeneration, muscle relaxation and atonicity-lack of muscle tone.
- Angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels) and an increase in density of capillary bed.
- Regulates cell membrane potential, essential in Na, CL, and K ion transfer (electrolyte balance).
- Cytokines and other chemicals enhancing the cellular communications are released. (Stimulates the release of helpful healing enzymes).
- The immune response is stimulated. LILT in the correct frequency appears to be anti-viral, antifungal, and anti-herpetic
- Enhances lymphatic drainage, which increases circulation and speeds healing.
- The histamine response is positively altered.
- Production of the growth hormone is increased.
- Stimulation of the healing process is accompanied by relief of symptoms.
The effectiveness of LILT light therapy treatment is repeatedly evidenced by international research, while at the same time no harmful side effects or damaging effects have been described. LILT is being used by therapists (to treat a variety of acute and chronic musculoskeletal pathologies), dentists (to treat inflamed oral tissues, and to heal diverse ulcerations), dermatologists (to treat oedema, ulcers, burns, dermatitis), rheumatologists (relief of pain, treatment of chronic inflammation and immune diseases), in sports medicine and rehabilitation clinics (to reduce swelling and haematoma, relieve pain and improve mobility) and by other specialists as well as general practitioners.