5 ways to regain your vitality
80% of adults have a sluggish lymphatic system, according to a recent medical report and when you know that symptoms include fluid retention, excess weight or cellulite, muscular aches and pains, and a dull congested skin, you’ll probably agree.
The lymphatic system – which includes our lymph nodes, the spleen, thymus gland and tonsils - is the rubbish collector of our body. It bathes our body’s cells with lymphatic fluid which carries the body’s cellular waste away from the tissues to the blood, where it can be filtered by the liver and kidneys. Waste includes byproducts of our bodily processes, and environmental toxins such as over-the-counter and prescription drugs, airborne pollutants, food additives and pesticides.
Getting the lymph flowing smoothly is the key to improving your immunity, having more energy and maintaining a healthy weight.
Ways to boast your lymph system include:
- Regular Exercise – ensures the lymph system flows properly. Swimming is the best for improving lymph flow, but you can also try rebounding on a mini trampoline.
- Drink lots of water – without adequate water, lymph fluid becomes sluggish. Remember your eight glasses a day.
- Eat more raw fruit - the enzymes and acids in fruit are powerful lymph cleansers. Eat them on an empty stomach for best digestion.
- Dry skin brush - before showering, use a natural bristle brush to brush your dry skin in upward movements, from the feet to the torso and from the fingers to the chest. You want to work in the same direction as your lymph flows, toward the heart.
- Have a professional lymphatic drainage massage
Studies show that a gentle lymphatic massage can push up to 78% of stagnant lymph back into circulation, and free trapped toxins.
A recent innovation, the PRESOR system, goes one better and continually applies controlled compression to different areas of the lower body. Air is pumped at varying rates through an encasing body “sleeve” increasing lymph flow and so reinvigorating the tissues.
Try a 30-minute PRESOR therapy treatment, at Glow, to effectively kick-start your lymphatic system drainage today.